Monday, August 10, 2009

What a Waste

So, I was in the bathroom last night...AND I noticed that there are flowers and hearts stamped on my toilet paper and it sparked a rant. I wondered how much extra I paid for those hearts and flowers on my toilet paper...and it pi$$ed me off. There are so many things that we pay for, one way or another, that are completely unneccesary.

like the following...

1. Papertowels packaged in plastic, then individually packaged in another plastic wrap. Then there is the stamp telling us that it is recycled. WTF??? They recycle, but double wrap the papertowls in plastic????

2. Garbage bags packaged in a box. You take the last garbage bag, and where do you put the box? Yup, in the bag. package them in a damn garbage bag...no waste. Does the picture of sh*t being crammed into an overstuffed bag that you can't even carry REALLY sell the product?

3. "ergonomic" kitchen sponges with fish and seashells stamped on them. IT IS A KITCHEN SPONGE!!!! first of all, do you REALLY use it so much that you need to avoid carpel tunnel syndrome? Oh for the love of everything unholy...if your kitchen sponge needs to be "pretty", you need help.

4. Cleaning products that are tinted to match the scent. Leave the damn scent out too...it still smells awful...just like an awful flower.

5. The fake picture in the picture frame. Do you buy the frame for the picture in it? NO! geeesh.

6. The hangers that hold the clothes in a department store. I DON'T WANT THEM!!! Quit asking me that. Take them back, use them again...and charge less for the damn clothes.

7. All the crap in the shoebox. Good gawd...tissue paper wadded up EVERYWHERE..silica gel, the plastic stick thingy, and all the printing on the box...by the time we see the box...WE ALREADY DECIDED TO BUY THE SHOES!!!!!

8. DVD'S!!!! Do I need to say more here? Ok, I will. ALL WE WANT IS THE DAMN MOVIE!!! BUT we pay for the outer plastic shrinkwrap that NOONE can open. Then there are the 3 damn "security stickers" that keep it sealed IN the damn shrink wrap. Then the cardboard case that the plastic case slides into...WITH THE EXACT SAME IMAGES AS WHAT IS ON THE PLASTIC CASE!!!! Then FINALLY we get it open after unlocking the little tabs on the plastic case. Then what do we find? At least 2 alarm tags inside. HOLY CRAP! Listen people, if someone wants to steal it...they will. Noone will notice the alarm going off anyway.

9. The stamp of the brand ON the bar of soap. OK. It came in a box, or plastic wrap that had the name on it already. Now it is open, and we are getting in the shower with it. I KNOW WHAT IT IS!!! I do not need the name stamped on the soap. ACTUALLY, the soap has been removed to put that name in it...so I got less soap, so that you can tell me who made it. Holy crap...necessary? NO!!!

10. Receipts. ugh....how many trees has to die for you to print a three foot long receipt with coupons that NOONE uses at the end of my receipt. I bought one thing and I have to roll the receipt to get it in my purse. STOP IT! I know that I am paying for that...one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment