Friday, May 29, 2009

Top 10 Requirements for Dating My Sons

  1. Please do not call my house 10 times a day, giggle...and hang up. It irritates me, and feeds his over developed male ego.
  2. When you are in my home, I have a very strict 5 times use of the word "like"....unless used properly in a sentence, of course.
  3. Please repect my son if he says "no". Then let me know, so that I can call the local news to let them know that hell has frozen over.
  4. If he doesn't open the door for you, don't get in the car.
  5. If he tells you that he loves you, while in the front seat of the car (that I pay for)....remember this....he said the same thing to me when he wanted me to buy him his own car. I didn't fall for it, and neither should you.
  6. If I am not in my home, then I did not invite you in.....therefore you shouldn't be there.
  7. Please scrape the top three layers of make-up off of your face....that's not where they are looking, anyway.
  8. I am getting older, so my memory is not as good as it used to be. So, once I get used to referring to you as Jonas’s girlfriend, please do not make me have to remember that you are now Nathan's girlfriend.
  9. Know this, he will NEVER put the seat down....I tried, I am truly sorry.
  10. I have raised my son to love and respect women who love and respect themselves. If he forgets, I will be right there to remind him...with my foot.

2 comments:

  1. Someday, Robbie, I fully intend to get parenting advice from you. Especially if I have boys, as they will be as hopeless as Ryan, undoubtedly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie,
    I told you...you are a natural born writer.
    I was on the floor laughing.
    Please. More. Aaron

    ReplyDelete