Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Homosexuality Is Just a Part of Our Evolution?

I was in a restaurant a week or so ago, and two men walked in. They were very attractive men...pretty, actually. They caught my attention because of how "perfect" they were...every hair in it's place...well dressed, etc.

OF COURSE, I immediately assume that they are gay. Why did I do that?

That is what got me thinking....they sat fairly close to us, and I watched their body language and mannerisms. (I tried not to stare...but they were REALLY attractive! LOL)

The one man had VERY feminine movements...gentle hands...a delicate touch when he held his food....very particular with his napkin....a HUGE smile...sweeping hand gestures....legs crossed....etc.

The other man was similar, but more masculine with his movements....sat with his legs far apart....elbows on the table....no napkin..LOL....and sat most of the time with his one arm draped over the back of his chair.

They were clearly enjoying each other's company.

I began to wonder why I assumed that they were gay....I could be wrong.

So, where does this assumption come from? I KNOW that there are very masculine gay men...and very feminine ones, as well. How can I assume that by body language and style that I know someones sexuality?

I used to work with a man who was straight, married and had 2 daughters. EVERYONE thought that he was gay. People would come to the nursery and say that someone helped them...blah blah...I would ask who helped them and they would whisper "the gay guy". They whispered it, as if they knew something HE didn't. ahhahahhah

He was short, thin, had a weird voice with a slight lisp...and moved like a chick...and he was VERY straight.

ok...so

This is what I began to think about...the attraction between the same sex....I believe that it is simple wiring of the brain, so to speak....

I think that people associate feminine men with homosexuality because it is a way of sub consciously explaining the attraction to another man...in other words, that they are more like women.

So, if that is the case....it makes me wonder about the brain wiring thing.

It has been determined that mis-identifying with your sexuality and being a homosexual is NOT the same thing, and is actually unrelated.

But is it always? Could it just be different levels of development?

I will use myself as an example.

I am a straight female. There is NO attraction sexually to women...as a matter of fact, I find women generally weak, and annoying.

BUT...

I fit the stereotype of a lesbian.

I am strong, I have always been active in sports, I am more comfortable around men and male dominated activities...I don't do "typical girl things", like shopping...etc.

I can be VERY feminine, when I am in the mood to be....I wear comfortable clothes...but when I go out...I am ALL GIRL.

Now, I wonder how close my brain wiring is to me possibly having been born a lesbian.

Now, why the hell do I think that? Because of the stereotypes....(yup, this is how my brain works...LOL)

The reality is that most times, you can't pick a gay person out of a crowd.

I believe that the number of homosexuals is MUCH higher than we think it is.

That spawned another thought....

Those who say that gay is wrong because it is "unnatural" and that the fact that they cannot reproduce proves it...are full of crap.

This is why.

We NOW, thanks to science and growth of our own brains...and abilities...can make babies with or without two sexes.

We can clone.
We can create life in a lab with a sperm and egg from donors....

so, I ask all of the good Christains out there who say that gay is unnatural...how many of you have used invitro...or any assisted fertilization to have a child?

How is it that you could not naturally conceive a child...yet that is your basis for determining what is right in natures laws?

Then I realized something...what if an increase in homosexuality is just a part of our evolution?

Think about it, if we apply the stereotypes....both behaviors of both sexes in one body...and combine that with the ability to create life without "natural" sexual intercourse....can it be?

So, my fellow "straight" people.....are WE the ones who are "unnatural"...for our time?

just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment