Thursday, August 13, 2009

Education

holy hell

Do you know how much a college degree costs????? Do you know how many kids and adults default on their student loans???? TOO MANY! Now, we have this social stigma that says "you can't get a good job without a degree". BULLSHIT! You can get a job that pays very well with hard work and having a 4 year jump on those who spent 4 years drinking at a major university.

I have a good friend who obtained her master's degree. Good for her. She now works at a major Pharmaceutical company. Her education costs were in the area of 80,000 dollars by the time she completed her education. Her chosen field, with her current level of education, tops out at earning 60,000 dollars annually, and that is after an average of 15 years of employment.

Do the math. She pays more than my mortgage in student loans. AND she hates her job, and has borrowed money from lil old me...on more than one occasion. You know why? Because she is trying to pay off those loans before she is in a walker.

This is what I think. A university SHOULD NOT be allowed to charge more for an education that can be paid back in 7 years when working in the student's chosen field. When I say that, I mean tuition only. Did you know that these kids are forced to purchase books that cost hundreds of dollars....and they never OPEN them???? Then there are bookstores on campus that you can sell them back. hahahha If the book cost 200 dollars...they will get 30. Then the store (owned by the university) will resell it to another student AGAIN for 200 dollars. BUT there is nothing the student can do...it is required...BY THE DAMN UNIVERSITY!

btw...do you know what a sorority girl with a cell phone, too much makeup ,and her muffin top hanging over her WAY too short shorts is referred to as by the men and boys on campus? "A cum dumpster". Think about that the next time you write the tuition check. THAT btw,,,is information I never wanted to know.

So now I am faced with a profound dilemma. I am pro choice. I hate government interference in my life.

I am screwed. So are you.

Knock off the stupid party wars, and get some damn control back! This is a nation of the people...not bs business and overpriced education...and government control...get some damn control over yourselves and start paying attention.

end rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment